Saturday 25 February 2012

DECA Competition

It was my pleasure to be a judge at this year's Ontario finals for the DECA high school students. As a former coach at the University level, it is interesting to see the High School students and what they bring to the table.

The students were from all over - I was judging the fast food category. The 2nd case was a very difficult case that dealt with hiring older, experienced but unemployed workers over high school students. I was very impressed with the answers that they gave and their depth of wisdom.

If one ever questions the quality of education in Ontario, I would highly recommend becoming a judge as the students were well spoken and poised and gave answers well beyond their age and experience.

I wish those well that go on to Salt Lake, Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment